The Mayor's Mental Approach
Sean Casey's keys to hitting success
Process over results
- Take a deep breath and turn on your vision
- Relax in order to see the baseball
- Slow oneself down, Get Visual, See the ball, make good decisions
- Control only what you can control
Importance of Vision
- You only have .4 sec to react. Same as a blink of an eye!
- Dr Bill Harrision: 'Let your eye's tell you what's going on'!
- Be visual - Slow the Game Down
- Only watch the positive video - Visualize and reinforce the good
'You are here for a reason'
- Be who you are! - Don't always change to somebody like somebody else
Keep it Simple
- Recommended Books - Harvey Dorfman: Metal game of baseball; Mental Keys to Hitting
- Develop a process that reminds you of 3 things (Casey example: See the ball; Be easy; Hammer it
- See the ball! - Turn your Vision on
- Relax - Calm Aggression! Calm in your body, Aggressive in your mind.